There are many code editors available for Windows, and it can be tough to choose the best one. Here are five of the best code editors for Windows, based on features and my personal experiences using these code editor software.
Table of Contents
1. Visual Studio Code
As a programmer, you need a reliable code editor that can help you write and debug your code. Visual Studio is a popular code editor for Windows that offers many features to help you write and debug your code. Here are five features of Visual Studio that make it a great code editor for Windows.
5 Features of Visual Studio
1. Code Completion
Visual Studio code completion can help you write code faster. When you start typing code, Visual Studio will suggest code completion options based on the context of your code. This can help you write code faster and avoid syntax errors.
IntelliSense is a code completion feature that shows you information about the code you are writing. For example, if you type “var” and then press the “.” (dot) key, IntelliSense will show you a list of code completion options for variables. This can help you write code faster and avoid errors.
3. Code Refactoring
Code refactoring is a feature that helps you improve your code. For example, if you have a variable that is not being used, Visual Studio can help you remove it. This can help you improve the quality of your code.
Visual Studio includes powerful debugging features that can help you find and fix errors in your code. For example, you can set breakpoints to pause your code at a specific line. This can help you find and fix errors.
5. Source Control
Source control is a feature that allows you to track and manage changes to your code. For example, you can use source control to track who made a change to your code, and when they made the change. This can help you keep track of changes to your code and avoid errors.
2. Sublime Text
Sublime Text code editor is popular for its user-friendly interface and powerful features. It supports multiple languages and has a package control system that makes it easy to find and install plugins.
5 Features of Sublime text
There are many code editors out there, but Sublime Text is one of the best. Here are five features that make Sublime Text stand out from the rest:
1. Multiple selections – With Sublime Text, you can make multiple selections and edit them all at the same time. This is a huge time saver when you need to make the same change in several places.
2. Goto Anything – Sublime Text’s Goto Anything feature lets you instantly open files and jumps to symbols or lines of code. Simply press Ctrl+P (Windows) or Cmd+P (macOS) and start typing the name of the file you want to open.
3. Command Palette – The Command Palette gives you access to all of Sublime Text’s commands, including those for switching between open files, changing syntax highlighting, and more. To open the Command Palette, press Ctrl+Shift+P (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+P (macOS).
4. Snippets – Snippets are pieces of code that you can insert into your code with a few keystrokes. Sublime Text comes with a few built-in snippets, and you can also create your own.
5. Customizable UI – Sublime Text’s UI is highly customizable. You can change the color scheme, the font size, and even the layout of the UI.
Notepad++ code editor is a popular choice for many programmers due to its simple interface and powerful features. It supports multiple languages and comes with a variety of plugins.
Notepad++ is a code editor for Windows that has a lot of features that make it a great choice for coding.
5 Features of Notepad++
1. Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
Notepad++ has great syntax highlighting and syntax folding features. This makes it easy to code in and helps you to spot errors quickly.
Notepad++ can auto-complete code for you, making coding quicker and easier.
3. Macro Recording and Playback
Notepad++ can record macros so you can quickly repeat a task. This can be a great time saver when coding.
4. Multi-language support
Notepad++ supports multiple languages, so you can code in your preferred language.
Notepad++ has a lot of great plugins that add features and functionality. This makes it a very customizable code editor.
Atom code editor from GitHub is a free and open-source option with a user-friendly interface. It supports multiple languages and has a large community of developers who contribute plugins and themes.
5 Features of Atom
Atom is a popular code editor that is known for its ease of use and wide range of features. Here are five of its most notable features:
1. Code editor: Atom is a full-featured code editor that supports a wide range of programming languages.
2. Cross-platform: Atom is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
3. Open source: Atom is an open source project, which means that it is free to use and customize.
4. Extensibility: Atom can be extended with a wide range of plugins and themes.
5. GitHub integration: Atom integrates with GitHub, making it easy to work on GitHub repositories.
Tabnine is not any code editor but an AI code assistant with some advanced features such as whole-line and full code completion. This AI code assistant is very useful for developers to save time.
5 Features of Tabnine
1. Whole line and Full function Completion – Suppose you want to type a function and it will be printed in whole. This completes the code in full and guides you to code even faster.
2. Run anywhere – Whether you are using it on the local computer or your server It has a cloud service to cover you with any platform.
Improve code quality and Consistency – It helps to improve your code and give a good reading experience for the code reviewer or for yourself at any later time.
Private Repo models – This means you can integrate with your private online repositories such as Github, Bitbucket, and GitLab.
These are some of the best Code editors from my 5 yrs of experience coding in this software. Visual Studio is my personal favorite. Comment below your favorite editor.
6. Brackets Code Editor
If you’re looking for a feature-rich code editor, then look no further than Brackets. This popular code editor offers many features that make coding easier and more efficient. Here are five of the most notable features of Brackets:
1. Code folding: This feature allows you to fold code so that you can easily view and navigate long blocks of code. This is especially useful when working with large files.
2. live preview: With live preview, you can see your changes in the browser immediately after making them. This is a great way to quickly test code changes without having to manually refresh the page.
3. Preprocessor support: Brackets support preprocessors such as Less and Sass. This allows you to use these tools to write CSS more efficiently.
4. Split view: Split view lets you view and edit two different sections of code side-by-side. This is helpful when you need to reference one section of code while working on another.
5. Plugins: Brackets has a wide selection of plugins to choose from. These plugins can add additional features and functionality to the editor.
These are just five of the many features that Brackets has to offer. If you’re looking for a powerful and feature-rich code editor, then Brackets is a great option.