Given the participants’ score sheet for your University Sports Day, you are required to find the runner-up score. You are n given scores. Store them in a list and find the score of the runner-up.
The first line contains n. The second line contains an array A of n integers each separated by a space.
Print the runner-up score.
Sample Input 0
5 2 3 6 6 5
Sample Output 0
Given list is [2,3,6,6,5] . The maximum score is 6, second maximum is 5. Hence, we print 5 as the runner-up score.
if __name__ == '__main__': n = int(input()) arr = list(map(int, input().split())) arr.sort(reverse=True) for i in range(len(arr)): if arr[i]!=arr[i+1]: break else: continue print(arr[i+1])
- First, Taking the size of input elements as n.
- Input all elements n elements in the list called arr.
- Sorting this array using python inbuilt function sort().
- Taking for loop n times.
- Checking arr[i] not equal to arr[i+1]. if it is true break otherwise pass
- Finaaly, get the second largest value as runner up.